Saturday 19 March 2016

Snow

Having escaped the winter this time, it was very enjoyable to put in a few turns upon returning to the northern hemisphere.


First off, Karen ran AACZ trip to Rotondohutte. Weather was mediocre, but the snow was fantastic. With Frieder and Moritz making the track uphill, we had a very pleasant tour from Uri to Valais.



Powder Hounds




Another chance to get some skiing in turned up when I joined Saule's lab on their trip to Chamonix. Of course the whole 'skiing' part was just an excuse to eat some French food. Worth it too.




I don't have many friends that I've known for 20 years. So it is great when someone like that shows up in Thalwil. Needless to say we were pretty happy when Pranas and Elena came round and a weeklong of great banter followed. We even had a bluebird day after a snowdump, which we spent skiing in Chäserrugg - what more can you ask for.



Bandidas

I think I am now ready to clean the dust of my climbing shoes again. Bring back the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment